- This event has passed.
Chocolate and Champagne Celebration
December 4, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
A party to wrap up our “Chocolate & Champagne” indiegogo fundraiser:
Delicious gift perks begin at just a $75 donation!
CENTRAL BOOKING is launching a crowd funder to support exciting new changes to the art and science programming and exhibition spaces. In the spirit of fusing art & science, we have chosen Chocolate – arguably one of the most artful and complex of the edible delicacies – as our main source of inspiration. Behind its delicate and velvety texture is a series of unique health and molecular properties that make this such a rich substance to explore and enjoy!
Through joining us for our Chocolate & Champagne benefit in honor of CENTRAL BOOKING’s commitment to Art & Science, your support will contribute to:
– Strengthening the Haber Space Art & Science exhibitions to research new trends and themes, and bring new artists.
– Continually expand the publishing of CENTRAL BOOKING Magazine – which documents each exhibition with pictures from every artist displayed in the show, along with scholarly articles on the scientific topics explored.
– Launching the new OffLINE Library/Workspace in addition to OffLINE Event Space – expands programming for the art and science wing including panel discussions, conferences, workshops, special events and meet ups, where artists and scientists exchange ideas across disciplines and fields.
– NEW 3-Month International Artist Summer Residency, set to launch Summer 2015, will give an artist with an interdisciplinary scope the opportunity to extensively work on a project culminating in a traveling exhibition.
As part of our beloved community, we appreciate any support you can give to our new developments. Every bit helps us to grow and to feed inspiration and space back to you.
Below are our costs and goals that we will need to meet to jumpstart the next stages:
$3,000 OffLINE programming – provides honorariums for participants in the four art & science panel discussions
$5,000 CENTRAL BOOKING Magazine- covers contributors, publishing, production costs for art & science exhibition catalogs
$8,000 New International Summer Residency and exhibition program â€“ helps with staffing, utilities, rent and an artistâ€™s stipend
$14,000 Haber Space four Art & Science exhibitions – supports rent, shipping, installation costs
Our goal of $30,000 goes towards just some of the expenses of maintaining our Art & Science programming, so we hope you will help us to exceed it! And enjoy some delicious perks as a thank you from us.
Our fundraiser will all end in a chocolate and champagne celebration on December 4th! But not to worry for those out of town or away, your perks will be mailed to you soon afterwards- and you can enjoy them while watching the video of the event.
All donation levels entitled to 2 glasses of champagne at the Benefit event, and Plus One guest receives 1 glass of champagne
*$50 Plus One Guest to attend benefit- accompanying a donor at any level
Donors will have the option to receive perks as listed at each donation level. However, there are a limited number of perks available for pick-up on December 4th, so do get your donations in early! Perks may also be picked up at the gallery after December 4 or shipped for those out of town by arrangement with CENTRAL BOOKING. Perks will all be available before December 25th. All levels include hand-made chocolates created by Artist/Chocolatier, Meghan Johnson, exclusively for the CENTRAL BOOKING Benefit. Donor may decline perks to receive the full tax deduction.
Each box of 6 Truffles contains:
• (1) Fresh Mint: Dark chocolate ganache infused with fresh mint leaves, coated in a 70% dark chocolate couverture, and topped with white chocolate stripes
• (1) Pink Peppercorn Spice: Dark chocolate ganache infused with pink peppercorns and a touch of cayenne, coated with a 70% dark chocolate couverture, and topped with crushed peppercorns
• (1) Raspberry: Dark chocolate and raspberry ganache, coated in a 70% dark chocolate couverture, and topped with crushed cocoa nibs
• (1) Jasmine Tea: Dark chocolate ganache infused with jasmine tea, coated with a 70% dark chocolate couverture, and topped with a thin sliver of Meyer lemon peel
• (2) Sea Salt Caramel: Hand crafted chewy caramel coated in 70% dark chocolate couverture, and topped with sea salt
Seasonal Dipped Fruit Bags:
• (6) Freshly candied Meyer lemon peels dipped in 70% dark chocolate
• (6) Dried black mission figs dipped in 70% dark chocolate
Wine-tasting Basket consists of 3 boxes of chocolates, 4 bottles of wine curated by the chocolatier to work with the specific truffles and a limited variable edition of woodcut and ink transfer with handpainting by artist/chocolatier Meghan Johnson.
Winter Basket consists of 3 boxes of chocolates, 2 hot chocolate bags (regular and Mexican), 4 CENTRAL BOOKING mugs, and a limited variable edition of woodcut and ink transfer with handpainting by artist/chocolatier Meghan Johnson.
Those wishing to donate at a higher level than listed may contact CENTRAL BOOKING to arrange a personalized “Perks“ package.
Donations of up to $20,000 may be received online by Fractured Atlas for CENTRAL BOOKING. For larger donations, please contact CENTRAL BOOKING.
We are grateful for your support – all donations, in denominations large and small, add up to keeping CENTRAL BOOKING’s programming going strong, Thank you for participating!